"FAST FASHION ISN'T FREE. SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE IS PAYING" (LUCY SIEGLE)
Conscious and sustainable fashion is core to Love Sweat + Tees. We don't claim to be perfect but we do promise to be transparent and to continuously improve. For us, our commitment to conscious fashion is not a marketing tool, it's a way of being.
We're constantly evolving but want to tell you a bit more about where we are on our journey.
All of our sweats and tees are produced to the highest quality with respect for people and the planet. Our garments are printed in the UK using 100% vegan and phthalate free inks. All of our garments are:
ORGANIC / RECYCLED
We only use 100% GOTS certified organic cotton from India or recycled polyester from China.
- Uses 91% less surface and groundwater than standard cotton
- Has 46% less impact on global warming
- Creates 70% less acidification of land and water
- Protects cotton farmers by preventing exposure to dangerous pesticides
GOTS ensures traceability throughout the supply chain and covers raw materials and social aspects relating to the health and well-being of the producers.
Our recycled polyester is certified by the Global Recycled Standard, the world's leading authority on recycled textiles.
FAIR WEAR CERTIFIED
All of our base garments are made in Bangladesh by a Fair Wear Certified manufacturer that has been identified as a leader in the field and accredited with Fair Wear Leader status. This status recognises that they go above and beyond many Fair Wear certified producers. Fair Wear Certification is based on eight pillars:
- Employment is freely chose
- No exploitation of child labour
- No discrimination in employment
- A legally binding employment relationship
- Payment of a living wage
- Reasonable hours of work
- Safe and healthy working conditions
- Freedom of association
Our garments are all certified vegan by PETA.
Minimising our environmental impact is an ongoing journey. We have recently reviewed our packaging, removed anything unnecessary (your invoice is now sent digitally, for example) and switched to environmentally friendly paper bags.
CLIMATE POSITIVE WORKFORCE
We work with Ecologi to offset the environmental footprint of our workforce. Each month, we fund Ecologi to plant trees on our behalf to offset the carbon footprint of our in-house team. To date we have planted 178 trees and reduced our carbon footprint by 5.85 tonnes.
We believe in slow fashion, seasonless and ageless style.
- We only print new designs in very small runs (usually no more than 25) and only reprint if we know that our customers want more.
- We also aim to ensure that our garments can be worn throughout the seasons and in many different ways. Dress them up, dress them down, wear them to the gym with leggings or to work under a blazer! Wear our tees under a knitted cardigan in winter. Wear our sweats with a pair of shorts in summer.
- Our garments flatter all shapes and are wearable for all ages. We hear of so many teens / tweens stealing their parents' Love Sweat + Tees sweater. You may not be keen to lose your sweater but at least your little cherub is wearing pre-loved fashion!