Gone are the days when sweats were slung on as an only-ever-so-slightly-less-slovenly alternative to the PJ. Their recent resurgence on the catwalk has seen them elevated beyond athletic-wear. If a sweat is cut well from beautiful fabric (we're not talking claustrophobia-inducing high-neck poly here) it can be the super-woman's best friend. We took a stroll through Instagram and a trip to Selfridges London (for research purposes - yeah!) to bring you seven ways to style the sweat.
1) Add insouciance to a suit: Style over a crisp white shirt and team with wide legged trousers for officewear with an edge
2) Sweaterella - she shall go to the ball!: Pair with a tuille skirt to dress down a dressed up look
3) Funk up fur: Layer under a faux fur gillet for laid back luxury
4) Team with a tan: Just add leather skirt and trainers
5) Show a little shoulder: Opt for a size up and wear your sweat off the shoulder
6) Soup up with a scarf: Smarten up your sweat with a co-ordinating scarf
7) Sweat the sweat: The clever sweat can cover the athletic-wear base on its day off